Faith Formation Classes
Download our current Faith Formation Catalog 2018 – 2019
Registration forms available for download – Faith Formation Registration 2018 – 2019. Please print, fill out and return to the parish office.
Get the current F.A.I.T.H. Syllabus: FAITH Syllabus PY 2019
Sacramental Preparation Policy
Reconciliation & Eucharist
The Archdiocese of Seattle requires a full year of formal faith formation prior to the immediate year of preparation for the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist, along with regular attendance at Sunday Mass. Formal faith formation includes F.A.I.T.H. or Catechesis of the Good Shepherd or Catholic School education.
The Archdiocese of Seattle requires formal, systematic, ongoing Catholic faith formation prior to the immediate year of preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Formal faith formation includes Life Nights, retreats, Theology of the Body, etc. Candidates must be in the eleventh grade or 16 years of age at the time they receive the Sacrament.
Download the Required Baptism Information for Confirmation form.
Faith Formation Opportunities
The following is a list of the many formation opportunities offered to your family at Saint Michael Parish. All Faith Formation Sessions at SMP are offered at no cost because of the generous donations of our parish families through weekly envelopes or online giving.
Download our current Faith Formation Catalog 2018 – 2019.
- Mass Ministry for Children – For children 1-5 years old. It takes place on Sundays at 9:30am and 5pm at the downtown Church
- F.A.I.T.H. – Because Saint Michael Parish is committed to “lifelong faith formation” for our families, we offer F.A.I.T.H.! This program is for children ages pre-K through 5th grade and their parents. We meet the first two Sundays of each month from October through May. The program’s structure includes catechesis in small groups for children, as well as large and small group opportunities for continuing faith formation for the parents. This inter-generational approach incorporates family faith development, which supports parents as they raise their children in the faith.
- F.A.I.T.H. First Reconciliation & First Eucharistic – For children who have completed a year of formation (see sacramental prep. policy) and ready to enter their immediate year of preparation. It takes place on the 1st & 2nd Sundays at 11am at the downtown location.
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) – For children age 3- 12 years old and explores the faith using the Montessori Method. It takes place each week for two hours on the day assigned to your child.
- Confirmation Year One – For high school teens that are just beginning the process of Confirmation preparation. It takes place on Sunday at 6:30pm during Life Teen at the downtown location.
- Confirmation Year Two – For high school teens that have fulfilled their first year of Confirmation preparation. Small groups meet on different days through the week so it depends on the group you sign up for. (Signups will take place at the parent meeting in Sept)
- Baptism for Children – For children ages 7 & older and takes place through our RCIA program.
- TNTT – Our Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Program for children from Kindergarten through 12th grade. It takes place on the 3rd & 4th Sunday at 1:30pm at the downtown church.
- EDGE – For middle school youth from 6th through 8th grade. It takes place on Sunday at 6:30pm at the downtown church.
- LIFE TEEN – For high school teens in 9th through 12th grade. It takes place on Sunday at 6:30pm at the downtown church.
For more information about one of these ministries please visit their respected page under the Learn tab.