Adult Core Member
Looking to share your gifts of the Holy Spirit with our youth? Our Core teams are relational ministry. This opportunity is for adults over 18 years of age who are passionate about their faith and feel called to lead high school youth closer to Christ. We provide various opportunities for youth to stay involved and grow as disciples. One of our main offerings occurs Sunday afternoons ending at our Life Teen Mass. Core Members commit to attend monthly planning meetings, days apart, retreats, various outside activities, and interaction with teens on their “turf”. We are a faith community, growing in relationship with God. This is a one-year commitment. Adult Core members will need to have a background check and Safe Environment training, which are required by the Archdiocese.
Looking to be a Teen Lead? Here are the requirements:
- Must be in high school.
- Must have received the sacrament of confirmation.
- Teen Leads are involved with our Sunday experience by serving as a hospitality host, sacristan, playing in our Life Teen band, ushering, or lectoring.
- Teen leads are expected to do 4-5 service projects a year as a group.
- Meet weekly for “Unleashed” – discipleship programs for teen leads.
- Teen leads help set up and break down Sunday gatherings.
- This is a one-year commitment, 2-3 hours per week. Training is provided.
- Teen Leads are mentored by our adult Core members and given the opportunity to help lead small group discussions, coordinate, and plan events or gatherings.
- Attend retreats and leadership conferences.
As a Teen Lead you have the opportunity to choose to lead in our middle school youth ministry or high school ministry.
As a high school Teen Lead you will develop your leadership skills by receiving mentorship from our adult Core members, which gives you the opportunity to effectively and prayerfully lead small group discussions, coordinate and plan events or gatherings.
We also fellowship outside of church by going to various activities such as bowling, movies, dinner, or any other activity the group feels they would like to experience.
Contact: Brandon Jones at (360) 292-7108 or email@example.com